So, I've got Norton 14 installed and I'm trying to image my disc. The problem is, when I copy my hard drive to say, my E or F drive, when I reboot into that hard drive, the image doesn't rename itself to C:\. So, it starts looking for files in c:\program files, but the disc itself retains the letter name of E or F, so no programs run, not even computer manager, which can be used to rename drive letters.
I ended up just downloading the Norton recovery boot disc. I then imaged my C:\ drive and stored the image locally. I rebooted with the Norton Recovery Boot Disc, which I had to download as an iso file and burn myself, and then chose to restore my computer from a backup. I chose the backup on the C: drive, and chose the second hard drive as the destination drive. I did delete the partitions on the second drive, but I'm not sure if that's needed.
During the re-image, I chose to make the reimaged drive an active hard drive so that the OS would be recognized. I DID NOT select the two check boxes underneath, which would restore the original disc signature and secondly, restore the MBR, Master Boot Record. I'm wondering it it was the original disc signature, that said that my second hard drive was not the C:\ drive, that was messing everything up.
In the end, when I rebooted, and disconneted the original hard drive, the second, new hard drive booted properly, and all is well. :)
Just as a point of reference, I'm using Windows Vista.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Creating/Restoring Image with Norton 14 Wrong Drive Letter Problem Sovled!
- Rock Paper Scissors JSF Application
- How many classes are there in the Java 5 JDK?
- Is all this JSF stuff really worth it? It makes ea...
- Setting up a Resource Bundle in the faces-config.x...
- Stored Procedures with Hibernate and JPA Annotatio...
- <f:view> WSViewRoot incompatible with UIOutput Cla...
- Improving on the Worlds Simplest JSF Program
- Simple Interactive JSF Page
- JSF WAR Deployment with IRAD7 to WebSphere 6.1
- The Simplest JSF Program You Can Write
- Struggling with CVSNT and Netbeans / Rational IRAD...
- What is with the Netbeans Icon?
- Just another Test
- iastore.sys is corrupted HP Pavilion XP Install ov...
- Creating/Restoring Image with Norton 14 Wrong Driv...
- When IRADs WebSphere Test Server Fails to Respond
- What is the URL for the WebSphere 7 Admin Console ...
- Value '2.0' is not facet-valid with respect to enu...
- ▼ April (18)